The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit grassroots organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world’s oceans, waves and beaches. Founded in 1984 by a handful of visionary surfers in Malibu, California, the Surfrider Foundation now maintains over over 250,000 supporters, activists and members and 100 chapters worldwide.
The Florida Keys chapter was chartered in August of 2018.
Chair: Shawn Martin
- Master of Science in Marine Biology and Coastal Zone Management from Nova Southeastern University.
- Co-Founder and Dive Safety Officer for a scientific diving program.
- Project scientist for an environmental consulting firm.
- PADI SCUBA Instructor
- Adjunct Professor at Florida Keys Community College
Vice Chair: Whitney Wemett
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Environmental Studies from Stonehill College
- PADI Divemaster
- Previously worked at Coral Restoration Foundation
Treasurer: Jason Wolf
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Stockton University
- General Manager at LPI Holdings, Inc.
- Experience managing finances for non-profit groups
- Previously the Protect Our Reefs Program Manager and Development Director for the Florida Keys at Mote Marine Lab
Volunteer Coordinator: Dee Dee Green
- Solid Waste Coordinator at City of Key West
Events: Noel Calzolano
- Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management from the University of Central Florida
- Manager at Outback Steakhouse
- Event Coordinator for The Hemingway Rum Company
Media: Jason Hoegle
- Media Technician for the City of Key West
- Technician for Presentation Services, a Production & Global Event Planning Company
- Owner/Operator at The FishGuy Aquarium Service
- ETCP certified theater rigger